Washington’s Methow Valley is known for its thriving arts and culture scene. One art haven is Confluence Gallery and Art Center, a nonprofit that has showcased the works of emerging and established artists since 1988.
The gallery has become a cultural landmark, curating 16 solo and group exhibits every year. The not-for-profit nature of the gallery is indicative of its support of artists and advocates art as an essential component of a healthy rural community. In addition to art exhibits, Confluence Gallery also presents film screenings, art classes, musical concerts, and cultural events. Visitors can also bring home souvenirs of their visit, including jewelry, ceramics, textile, and other unique items from the in-house gift shop.
The gallery is open Wednesday through Friday from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., and on Saturday from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. The gallery also has guidelines in place to ensure the health and safety of visitors. Drop by Confluence Gallery and Art Center at 104 Glover Street South Twisp, Washington.
Here’s a guide to the current and upcoming exhibitions, events and more at Confluence Gallery.
2020 Exhibit Schedule
- Hooves, Hearts and Fairy Tales happens at the main gallery until October 10. Inspired by deep love for horses by its curator, Okanogan artist Roxanne Best, the show captures 3D painting, photography, jewelry, and other media.
- Art of Beaver Creek runs from October 17 to November 21 at the main gallery. The exhibit will feature artists of Beaver Creek and explore how Beaver Creek is a special place and a reflection of the larger Methow Valley.
- Gems and Geology is the annual holiday gift show that begins on November 8, 2020 and wraps up on January 9, 2021. The exhibit will capture the imagination with displays of geological wonders such as gems, minerals, and fossils, and the jewelry that’s fashioned from them.
- When the Raven Calls, a solo show by artist and educator Amber Zimmerman on display in the community gallery until October 10, 2020.
Postponed until 2021
- The Stories We Tell, an exhibit in the main gallery.
- Trashion Show is the annual runway show featuring everything from street style to country couture upcycled and recycled from everyday trash.
- 19th Annual Methow Valley Home Tour. Every summer, Confluence Gallery and Art Center hosts the Methow Valley Home Tour, a peek inside some of the valley’s most beautiful homes. During the tour, participants learn about design, architecture, and innovative construction. The annual home tour is postponed to August 2021.
As fascinating as its vibrant art scene, Methow Valley is known for its scenic beauty and the great outdoors. Surrounded by more than 20 mountain peaks rising up to 8,000 feet, the valley offers a stunning vista of unspoiled wilderness and Nordic ski trail systems. As such, it is a favorite destination of holidaymakers, some of whom have sought to move there permanently in the light of the pandemic. Vacationers-turned-property buyers of Methow Valley real estate see the benefits of getting out of the city and making a new home in a location with wide, open spaces and a community that’s friendly and welcoming.
If you want to discover more about living and buying a home in Methow, CO, Coldwell Banker Winthrop is here for you. Simply call us at 509.996.2121 or send an email to info(at)cbwinthrop(dotted)com to get started.